Sunday, November 26, 2006
A colleague passes on
Bob Stevenson, a professor at the UNC journalism school, has died. Here's how Jean Folkerts, the dean, announced his passing:
The School and Journalism and Mass Communication has lost a dear friend, and our field has lost a renowned scholar. Robert L. Stevenson, a Kenan professor and a member of our faculty since 1975, suffered a heart attack and died Saturday afternoon.

The School will host a memorial service for Bob, and he will be buried in his native Wisconsin. Please watch our Web site for details.
I took Stevenson's research methods class in the fall of 1991. The course helped me become more analytical in my editing, and thanks to him, I am able to easily detect faulty surveys and other bogus research.

Thank you, Bob.
 
posted by Andy Bechtel at 3:34 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger fev

    That's very sad news. My condolences to you and your colleagues on the loss of a scholar and gentleman.

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Shockingly sad. I was a visitng scholar at UNC in 1994/1995 and Bob was my advisor and help every time I needed it.
    My condolences.

    darek klimczak