Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Seeking story forms
I'm heading for St. Petersburg, Fla., next week to work on a module for Poynter Institute's NewsU project. The module's topic is alternative story forms.

In preparation, I'm looking to add to my collection of these forms. They go by various names:
If you have an example of an alternative story that you thought was effective, send it along in whatever format you have. We might incorporate it into the module. Thanks!
 
posted by Andy Bechtel at 2:42 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger Phillip Blanchard

    I don't mean to be a smart aleck, but it looks to me like the Austin merican-Statesman should reconsider its abbreviation for "storytelling devices."

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Rick Crotts

    Hi Andy,

    I saw your note on VizEd site. I have put together an Alternative Story Form catalog of 65 different ways to tell stories visually. If you're interested, I can send you hard copy of the catalog. Give me an address. I can try to send as a PDF, but I have had problems sending in the past.

    Rick Crotts, Atlanta Journal-Constitution

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger Andy Bechtel

    Phillip,

    I think someone at Austin is trying to be funny.

    Rick,

    I will be in touch with you by e-mail. Thanks!

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger Katie Schwing

    We also used to call them "STDs" when we first started doing them at the DTH, only then it stood for "simple to digest."