Friday, December 01, 2006
The wheels fall off
My long-held dream (OK, my recent and unlikely goal) of becoming a contestant on "Wheel of Fortune" has come to an end. (Here is how it all started.)

The wheels came off in a hotel ballroom where I joined about 60 other hopefuls. After 90 minutes of simulated "Wheel" games and a surprisingly tough written test, the "Wheel" staff announced about a dozen names of those still in the running. I did not make the cut.
 
posted by Andy Bechtel at 10:44 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Well, they were silly not to choose you. They lost a chance to broaden the appeal of the game to a younger and more educated crowd. Have they ever had a professor on the show??

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Andy Bechtel

    Thanks for the kind words. I don't know whether "Wheel" has had professors before.

    "Jeopardy!" has had copy editors as contestants, and I know of at least one other copy editor who is in the running to be on the show. She may be on within the next 12 months. I won't mention her name because I do not want to jinx her, though.